Castaway 2 – Near Completion!
(Castaway 2 – Crafting Guide)Likwid Games recently announced that their latest project, Castaway 2, is in its finally stages of development and should be out soon! Castaway 1 was a major success, scoring a four out of five on Kongregate, a four-point-two on Newgrounds and an eight-point-three on Armor Games. While the game was very popular, there were still many improvements and fixes that could be added to it and there were many other complaints about aspects of the game that you just had to agree upon, such as the trees being in the way, lack of inventory slots, pets, low monster drops rates (some quests could take over an hour or two), hatching rates, etc. Most of these interfered big-time with the game and overall degraded the gameplay and fun of the game. Now Likwid Games has announced that many of these problems have been addressed and that the new game should be more fun than ever. Castaway 2 is expected to hit the portals in mid-February – just a few more days! Here are the new features that Castaway 2 will bring to the table:
- Pet Revival system
- Huge inventory
- An actual story line :)
- Crafting items/armor/weapons
- 30+ weapons in various categories (Swords, Daggers, Clubs, Staffs, Ranged, etc)
- 15+ spells
- Skill/Stat point system
- New enemies/pets
- Bosses and Mini-Bosses
- Easier controls with more freedom for movement
- We have done away with the isometric view for a more traditional view
- Action based attacks (you no longer double click an enemy to automatically attack it. You are now in control of your attacks. Press spacebar to swing your weapon Zelda-style).
- In game day/night cycles with some quests and enemies only appearing at certain times.
- Control your pet’s temperament (aggressive attacks anything in sight, assisting help you attack when you fight an enemy, and passive which stays away from battle).
- Hot Keys
- Pet types that have different characteristics, movement styles and attack techniques.
- More surprises! - Likwid Games
There will be 3 classifications of pets in this game:
- Your standard pet type. These pets will go up to its target and attack in close range. Some may have elemental abilities (poison, freeze, etc).
- Weak against flying enemies
- These pets will try to keep their distance from their target and either shoot projectiles or cast spells at them. Getting attacked while preparing a spell will cause the pet to stop casting its current spell.
- Weak against melee enemies
- These pets are quick and agile, but lack in defense. Swoop down at enemies to attack. They have the ability to attack more than one target at a time.
- Weak against ranged enemies
|This entry was posted by admin on February 12, 2011 at 3:21 pm, and is filed under Uncategorized. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
No trackbacks yet.
about 1 month ago - 129 comments
Yep, that’s right the blue elephant is back for its forth This Is The Only Level Game – wait, no he’s not. It seems that when John Cooney (possibly, better know as jmtb02) left for the grand world of Kongregate, he took the blue elephant with him and in his wake he left the Green
about 2 months ago - 106 comments
Hands of War 3 Walkthrough Brought to You by Guidology.com! Throughout the guide I will refer to various grids on this map. While the map system has greatly improved since Hands of War 2, some people may still find this useful. Riddle Answers: Riddle One) E, Riddle Two) 21, Riddle Three) 13,212, and Riddle Four)
about 2 months ago - 58 comments
This guide is part two of two (due to a character limit). The first part of this guide is available here. Temple of Godcat Once we enter the Temple of Godcat we can find a Spark Wraith block our access to a treasure chest. Let’s clear him out. The first wave includes three Haunted Trees
about 2 months ago - 187 comments
Cursed Treasure 2 is an awesome new tower defense game by Iriy Soft. If you remember the original Cursed Treasure then you probably remember it as one of the best tower defense games to hit the Flash world. With its unique game design and gameplay customization, Cursed Treasure 2 makes for one of the best
about 2 months ago - 159 comments
If you’ve stuck around the Flash world for long enough then you’ve definitely come across Cursed Treasure: Don’t Touch my Gems. Cursed Treasure is one of the most polished, well-made and successful tower defense games ever made. With its level of depth and gameplay customization, this game appeals to anyone that enjoys tower defense genre.
about 2 months ago - 190 comments
Looking for a walkthrough? Check out our guide! Epic Battle Fantasy 4 lives up to its name with hundreds of battles, across a vast land, that pits you against a bunch of different enemies. If you remember Epic Battle Fantasy 3, then you probably remember it as one of one of the best Flash RPGs
about 2 months ago - 239 comments
Looking for part two of this guide? Epic Battle Fantasy 4 – COMPLETE Game Guide (Part 2) If you love RPGs, like me, then there is a good chance that you love, or at least have played, the Epic Battle Fantasy series. If you remember, the first two games were pretty simple, with new waves
about 3 months ago - 153 comments
Ode to Pixel Days is a new retro platformer designed with a smart and thought-provoking storyline that’ll certainly keep you wondering about it for a while. In Ode to Pixel Days you follow Hans, a young boy who has a crush on a cheerleader, but Hans is far to shy to say much to her
about 7 months ago - 289 comments
This is a work-in-progress guide for Mini Heroes. It will eventually cover all of the quests in the game. If you’re looking for a crafting guide, check out our’s here and feel free to leave contribute by leaving a comment with a combination. Opening Scene The game opens with the character creation screen. Here you
about 7 months ago - 121 comments
Legends of Pandora is a new RPG game by matakukos, popularly known for the Notebook War series. The game starts out simply, a quest of a missing news paper, but quickly you find yourself engulfed in a quest to find out why so many monsters are appearing throughout the world. Legends of Pandora is comparative to the